Last Updated on July 7, 2020
If someone is elderly and has been diagnosed with a form of dementia, such as Alzheimer’s disease, the risk of elopement is a real fear, even if the person lives in a skilled nursing facility or in an assisted living home.
A tracking device for the elderly is a great idea, as this minimizes the risk of getting lost if they become confused and wander off. These are simpler devices for seniors who may not need a smartwatch or other more complicated devices.
However, there are many GPS trackers for seniors on the market, and it can be tough to know which elderly tracker to choose. Read on to learn which GPS tracking bracelet for the elderly may be best for your loved one and what features may be available on elderly monitoring devices.
How to Choose a GPS Tracking Bracelet for the Elderly: Questions to Ask Yourself
Before you start to look at different tracking devices for seniors, there are a few things to consider before you look at a GPS watch for the elderly:
- How severe is their condition? In other words, do you need GPS for the elderly that is part of a vehicle GPS tracking device for the elderly in case they become slightly confused following directions, or do you need a personal tracking device for the elderly that will be on their person, such as a GPS tracking watch for seniors?
- How receptive will your loved one be to a GPS tracking bracelet for the elderly? Your loved one may not fully appreciate a GPS watch for seniors, particularly if their condition is mild. You may want to consider a GPS watch tracker for the elderly that is very non-intrusive, and has other features that may be of use to your loved one.
- Will there be additional fees? Because many GPS trackers for senior citizens require a paid subscription as part of the monitoring system, you may want to consider this as you begin to look at GPS for seniors and GPS tracking bracelets for the elderly.
How to Choose a GPS Tracking Watch or Bracelet for the Elderly: Best GPS for Seniors
Choosing a tracking watch for the elderly means you have to look for features that match your needs. You may ask the question, “What is the best GPS tracker for Alzheimer’s patients?” Or, you may simply need to know what the best GPS tracking watch for elderly patients is. Some of the most highly rated and best GPS tracker watches for the elderly include:
- AngelSense. This is a pocket-sized GPS tracking watch for the elderly that integrates with a mobile app and a paid subscription. It was originally created for children on the autism spectrum who struggle with an elopement, but it’s a perfect choice for seniors who want a non-intrusive device.
- Medical Guardian. This is a great GPS tracker watch for dementia and elderly care. It combines a GPS tracker, medical alert system, and a 24/7 monitoring service into a watch. Like others, this does require a paid subscription but is one of the best tracker watches for the elderly.
- Jiobit GPS tracker. If you’re wondering, what is the best tracking device for the elderly?, the Jiobit is one of the most highly rated. It’s compatible with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cellular, and is a GPS tracker. It’s highly compact and can clip to shoes or clothing.
- ERAY GPS tracker watch. If you are looking for a simple GPS tracking watch for the elderly, this is a very economical option that performs the job. You can make calls and send messages, and use GPS tracking, provided you have a SIM card and use the accompanying app.
To find out more about GPS tracking watches or bracelets for the elderly, or to learn more about mobility products that can be life-changing, such as stair lifts or wheelchair ramps, contact Williams Lift Co. today. We want both caregivers and their loved ones to live their best lives.